Welcome To Our Website
Master Abrasives FZC, established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Blasting Grit for surface preparation industrial applications.
Company Profile: Master Abrasives FZC, established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Blasting Grit for surface preparation industrial applications. With a strong commitment to excellence, innovation, and customer satisfaction, we have established ourselves as a reliable and trusted provider in the abrasive industry.
Locate in Hamriyah Free Zone, Sharjah, we operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility (20,000 m2) equipped with advanced machinery and technologies. The factory has an installed capacity of 120,000 tonnes per year and ensures consistent product quality and efficient processes.
The company manufactures a range of Grit of copper slag, a byproduct obtained during the smelting and refining of copper. The raw material is imported from M/s.Marubeni Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. The final product is sold under the brand name Mgrit. We also manufacture and process Indian Garnet, which provides high performance and recyclability.
Quality is our top priority. Our manufacturing processes adhere to international quality management systems, and we have obtained certifications such as ISO 9001- 2015 to demonstrate our commitment. We follow stringent quality control measures throughout the manufacturing process to ensure that our abrasives meet industry standards. We understand the unique needs of our customers and strive to provide tailored solutions. Our dedicated sales and customer service teams are committed to delivering exceptional service and technical support.
At Master Abrasives FZC, we are committed to environmental responsibility. We actively seek ways to reduce waste, energy consumption, and emissions throughout our operations. Recycling initiatives and sustainable packaging options are integral parts of our sustainability efforts. Our extensive distribution network allows us to serve customers globally, providing timely delivery of our abrasives to various regions and industries.
Copper slag abrasive possesses several properties that make it suitable for various industrial applications.
- Hardness: Hard material with a Mohs hardness ranging from 6 to 7.
- Angular Shape: Particles help in the removal of contaminants from surfaces.
- Density: Provides momentum and energy during blasting operations.
- Toughness: Can withstand high impact forces and maintain its structural integrity.
- Granular Size:Allowing users to select the appropriate size for their specific applications.
- Abrasive Strength: Creates a profiled surface that enhances the adhesion of subsequent coatings.
- Non-toxic: Does not pose significant health risks when handled properly.
Advantages of Copper Slag
Using copper slag as an abrasive offers several advantages in various industrial applications.
- Hardness and Durability: Copper slag is a hard and durable material, making it highly effective in cutting, grinding, and cleaning applications.
- Cost-Effectiveness, Availability and Consistency: As a byproduct of the copper smelting process, it is readily available and obtained at a lower cost compared to other abrasives.
- Improved Surface Finish: Copper slag can provide a superior surface finish compared to some other abrasives. It can effectively remove contaminants without causing excessive roughness, resulting in a smoother and more refined surface.
- Recyclable and Reusable: After blasting operations, the spent slag can be processed and reconditioned for further use, reducing waste and minimizing environmental impact.
Surface Preparation Application: Copper slag is widely used for surface preparation in various applications.
Maximize Performance Copper Slag
While coarser particles are effective for heavy-duty cleaning and surface preparation, finer particles are suitable for polishing and fine cleaning. To get the best mix of air and grit, the grit valve needs to be set to a lean feed. Instead of looking like a black cloud, the grit coming out of the nozzle should look like a blue haze.
Optimizing the blast pressure and velocity is crucial when using copper slag for abrasive blasting. The nozzle’s air pressure should be between 80 and 100 psi. The air hose that connects the compressor and blasting unit ought to be as short as it can be while still having a large diameter.
Keep the Nozzle at the Right Distance and Angle: Copper slag abrasive performs significantly better when used at an angle of 75-80 degrees and a distance of 30 centimeters between the blasting nozzle and the surface being treated. The ideal nozzle size is between 5/6 and 1/2 inches. This guarantees an even surface profile, effective material removal, and adequate coverage.
Packing and Distribution
Mgrit is available in the following modes of standard packing 2 ton jumbo bags&2 ton pallets with 50kg bags. Other options available on request.
Mgrit is available from our network of distributes in the Middle East. It is dispatched from our strategically located factory by the port in Hamriyah Free Zone, Sharjah to: